I've always gone to great hair stylists and colored my hair since I was 16. You better believe I did several of the "trends" and then look back now at photos and think, "Really, did I need to add chunky blond streaks?"
But anyway, as I got older and wiser, my friend, Danielle, has been handling my hair since I was 19 and she graduated from the Brown/Aveda Institute. I was her model a few times for photo shoots and she turned my hair different shades of blond and red. (Not my best days and thank god I can't find any photos to show.)
|With Danielle - my hair whisperer|
But, she introduced me to the wide world of Aveda and I've been hooked ever since with their hair care products. I NEVER color my hair unless it's professional and always use good styling products.
About two months ago, I was lucky enough to connect with FHI Heat and have been using both the EPS flat iron and Nano Weight Pro 1900 hair dryer.
Holy amazeballs - I'm hooked. While I've used a CHI for the past 8 years (seriously, what did we do before flat irons) mine started to go bad. I had dropped it one too many times and the paddles were coming loose. And, if you use a good one, you know you can't replace it with some cheap model from Target. It's not the same - at all! Even though I have naturally thick, straight hair, I have an interesting wave that happens to one side of my head that doesn't happen to the other, so kick ass hair products are a must.
Not knowing too much about FHI, I took to Twitter to ask the question, "who uses FHI and do you like it?" People quickly responded that they loved their FHI flat iron because of the different heat settings you can set it on.
While I haven't left the house without it (even took it to Mexico in the sleek case), there are few things I've noticed right away about the EPS flat iron:
- Multiple heat settings - I don't go above about 350 but it goes all the way up to 450.
- No hair pulling - When I first fired it up, I instantly noticed it didn't pull at my hair. If you use a flat iron daily, you know what I'm talking about it. It almost can feel like you are pulling out your hair, but NOT at all with this one.
- Looks and feels better. It's looks shinier and people have noticed. I've always used a gel or a styling creme prior my flat ironing and after. Before I blow dry my hair, I've been applying Hot Sauce to my ends
The same hairdresser friend had been recommending I get a better hair dryer for years. "Stop using that cheap one you have and invest in a professional one. You will notice the difference and it will give you more shine."
She was right. I've been using it and tried to explain the importance of a good blower to the BF. He has used it before and maybe I might've screamed like a little girl when he didn't replace it, but still, you understand how attached I am.
- Dries my whole head. I have pretty thick hair and I always felt like parts were never dry but my scalp was ON FIRE from blow drying. The Nano Weight Pro 1900 has three heat settings, so you can adjust between warm and hot. And, there's a
- Weighs under a pound. Yep, no lie. Exactly.8 pounds if you are interested.
- Quiet. My BF hates the sound of hair dryers. He likes to imitate my old one but I haven't heard him complain about this one yet. My friend is looking to replace hers at the salon and is looking into getting an FHI one, but probably the next step up.
How To Enter: Share your favorite hair care products -either styling tools or products you won't leave home without. Make sure to leave your email address or Twitter handle so I can easily contact you in your comment.Otherwise, how will I find you?
Tweet: I entered to win @allisonpeltz 's @FHI_Heat 's flat iron giveaway bc I need a new one! #fhiheat
Winner will be chosen on Friday, October 22.
Comments have been closed and winner has been chosen.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post but was given products to test in exchange for this giveaway. All thoughts are my own and I'm still using the products daily.