I'm not sure where she got the idea from (probably Pinterest because isn't everything from Pinterest at this point?) but I was instantly inspired to think about what I would write to myself as I approach a birthday in the next six months. (I already have a party idea for the big 3-0.)
So, in early anticipation of a birthday that is six months out, I'm going to commit to a few items moving forward. After all, half the battle is saying it out loud, isn't it?
Dear Allison Marie Anastasia (confirmation name, of course, counts in this instance),
- continue to laugh more at yourself. So what if you trip all the time when you think no one is looking?!?
- keep taking your ass to yoga at least once a week. it's helping to keep you centered and calm, just like your therapist said it would.
- write every few days in your journal. you love it and always have.
- put pen to paper or keys to word document and get cracking on your article ideas and submit them already. no time like the present to get published.
- two words: European adventure. make it happen next year. you have friends who love to travel.
- start getting up earlier each day. amazing how much more you can accomplish, right?
- keep eliminating the clutter. in every sense of the word.
- put it in a ponytail - you'll break the hair twirling in no time.
- continue to block out the mindless chatter - that's just what it is. mindless.
- exercising the word "no" - worked fabulously when negotiating my new lease
- smile, show those overly large Peltz teeth and be happy every. day.
|....like no one is watching|
So, if you were writing a letter to youself, what the hell would it say? And it's totally appropriate to write one to yourself even if it's nowhere near your actual birthday.