With Sunday approaching your big day, I wanted to thank you for a few lessons I have learned over the past 29 years from you to prove that when you say "I never listen to you," I am, in fact, listening and soaking in all your wisdom.
1) Thank you for instilling an incredibly strong work ethic in me. While picking rocks out of the front yard before you replanted it and moving yards and yards of mulch on long school days with my brother was demanding, I learned I didn't enjoy doing it at that time (like I told you), and that I will be hiring someone to do that in the future.
2) Thanks for purchasing me those Doc Martens when I was 13 because I
3) Thanks for letting my friends and me take a spring break trip Myrtle Beach when we were 18. I know mom was really freaked out for the week but all five of us made it out alive - just like you knew we would. We accomplished a lot in that week and I'm glad it isn't captured on film, but I learned how to get out of getting arrested so you never needed to hear about your delinquent daughter. (This skill also came in handy many times following the next few years.)
4) Thanks for not killing me when I got my belly button pierced after I promised time and time again I wouldn't do it when I turned 18. Hey - at least I never went through with the nose or tongue ring, right???? And, maybe you were right when you said I would regret it when I was older (both times I pierced it) because I would have a hole that would never close up. Lesson learned. P.s. How do you know THESE things?!?
5) Thanks for not yanking me out of college when I may have failed a freshman psychology class. I totally learned my lesson, making sure I would drop any classes well in advance.
6) Lastly, thanks in advance for not kicking me out of your will when I go to lease my next car because I feel like I provided fair warning over the past week, so I'm hoping you aren't leaving little Greggy to man your estate years from now just because I decided against a Ford. It's only three years and your negotiation techniques totally came out.....
|many father's days ago. (check out those bangs!)|
Happy Father's Day!